Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Carson

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

6 Months Old


Oh sweet Callie! We can't believe that you are already half a year old. Seems like just yesterday we were anticipating your arrival and wondering if we could love another person as much as we love your sweet brother. Well, we quickly learned that our heart just doubled in size. We can't image our lives without you and have almost forgotten what our life was like before you arrived. You are the best baby! You have the sweetest little personality and are such a laid back baby. We have gotten a glimpse of your little personality over the last few months and have enjoyed learning all about you. Here are 6 of your favorite things that will summarize your past 6 months of life.

1- You LoVE to sleep on your back and pull the covers completely over your face to sleep! This scared your daddy and I, but we have been working on you napping on your belly, all though you prefer and back and blanket.

2- You also love your CAr-CaR!!! I think he provides you with endless entertainment and showers you with love and kisses each day. Your new favorite thing is playing with him. He will run around in front of you and you will give the best belly laugh each time. He also loves your new little game y'all play! Always remember how much he loves and adores you!

3- You are a great singer! Callie you will sing and talk yourself to sleep almost every time. One of the nursery workers told us you should join the choir because you sing so pretty. Your daddy and I will just lay and listen to you in the monitor at night when we put you to bed. I think it is your way of soothing yourself. We love it!

4- You also love your bath time. I must say we don't do this everyday, but when we do you just sit and are mesmerized by the whole thing. You haven't really gotten into the whole splashing thing yet, but I know you will soon love that too. Just recently you have enjoyed grabbing Carson's toys and chewing on them. Every time we go to get you out of the bath you throw the cutest little fit. We just laugh because it is one of the very few times you ever get upset. You also took your very first bath with Carson and love it. I know y'all will have many more fun bath adventures together in the future.

5- Chewing is another of your favorite activities. I can remember reading books to Carson and he would be fascinated with the pictures and colors. You on the other hand just want to get your hands on it and put them in your mouth. One of your favorite things to chew on is your Sophie, she is a teething giraffe. You will play with her forever! You also love the wipe container. I know there are some little teeth in there that want to come out. Hopefully you will get your first teeth soon and we can just read the books instead of chew on them. :) But for now we will just slobber on them! Love this picture below! It shows your drool off very well.

6- Well, I promise I am not writing this last one because it has to do with me. You love your mommy! This makes my heart swell because your brother loved me, but was in love with Daddy. And you, little miss, love your daddy but are in love with your mommy. I can be anywhere in the room and your little eyes will be watching me. When I walk into a room and you spot me you just smile the best smile ever. I have enjoyed having you be a Mommy's baby! I hope it stays that way, even though I hear those daddy's have a way of steeling their daughter's hearts. For now I will just bask in the joy of having a Mommy's girl!


Callie we love you and thank the Lord each day for sending you to us! We can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings! We look forward to a life time of having you as our daughter! Thank you for being such a wonderful gift to us!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

happy 6 months sweet callie!

Julie said...

I can't believe she is already six months old! She is so precious... she looks a lot like you.

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl and she is growing up way too fast!!
We love your sweet family.