Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Carson

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Prayers of a Mother

As many of you know, we mothers spent lots of our time praying for our children. It is so wonderful that we have a God who cares about the big things in our lives and also the small things! I thought I would share two things that I have been praying for. I love being pregnant, but pregnancy doesn't love me (at least in the beginning). I am now 16 weeks and am happy to say that the Lord has answered my prayers for the morning sickness to go away. I am not 100 %, but way better than before. So, thank you Lord for being so faithful to see me through those 15 weeks of sickness! And thank you to all my family and friends that had to put up with me also. The second prayer I have said recently will seem silly to most, but is a big one in our house. Carson is now 21 months old and still takes his paci to sleep. Phil and I have been praying for the Lord to help Carson when the time came to take it away. Yesterday when I picked him up from mothers day out they said they had lost his paci and were trying to find it when they realized he had gone to sleep without it!!!!! Shocker! This has never happened before. So, I thought well we will just roll with this and not let him have it anymore. Praise the Lord Carson only cried for 10 or 15 minutes before going to sleep and didn't wake up all night! We are so excited and are so thankful the Lord has answered our prayers again! We are paci free!!!!!!! So, keep up all your wonderful prayers. We do serve a Lord who listens and answers prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I knew it wouldn't be as hard has you thought it would be for him. It is harder on the mommies I think.

Now, pray for Haylee, tonight is the first night of her life she is sleeping out of her carseat and just on her matress in her crib.

We started her out in the carseat from birth b.c . of her acid reflux, but now that that is gone, and she is getting soo big, we decided it is time. So pray for a peaceful transition for us. It is a bit nerve racking to give up something that has soothed your child for so long!
Love you and glad you are feeling better.

Aubrey said...

I love that our God is concerned with all our concerns and needs and hears our every prayer! I hope you are feeling better.

Leah said...

I have a secret for you.....what are you going to be doing the first of November??? I know what I am going to be doing...again....